Indigenous (Performing Arts Classroom) Pre-Sale
Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Who: This program is recommended for 4th through 12th grade (ages 9 through 18 years). Parents are asked to use their best judgement as to whether or not this performance is suitable for their own children. All children must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult.
Younger children who are able to be respectful members of the audience are welcome to attend. Parents are asked to use their best judgment as to whether or not their younger children will be disruptive to other audience members. Everyone in attendance must have a ticket regardless of age.
Cost for Adults/Educators: $3.50
Cost for Children/Students: $3.50
Cost for lap Seats for children under the age 2: $3.50
Please register by: Friday, April 29, 2016 - 6:30am
Indigenous is a blues-inspired rock group that rose out of Yankton Sioux Reservation in South Dakota, led by front man, Mato Nanji. The group’s music is motivated not only by blues and rock greats, such as Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and B.B. King, but also by the social issues and cultural bonds of the Mato’s Nakota roots. Indigenous dedicated their latest album, Time is Coming, to indigenous youth and all young people on the indigenous reservations.
Study guides are posted online 3 to 4 weeks prior the performance at learn.ordway.org/studyguides/
- Ordway Performing Arts Classroom Series: learn.ordway.org/indigenous
There is an additional performance at 10:30am also on Friday, April 20, 2017. To purchase tickets to that performance, you may call the Ordway Education Sales office directly beginning at 7am on Friday, April 29, 2016 at 651-282-3115 to obtain seats for your family.
Payment must be received by: Sun, May 1, 2016 - 5:00pm
- Please plan to send your payment the same day that you register.
The organizer will expect to receive your payment within 3 days of your date of registration — or by the payment deadline above, whichever comes first.
- Immediately after you register, you will be emailed payment instructions from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
Make sure your email filters recognize this address as a legitimate sender. If you don't receive this email, please check your spam, junk or bulk mail folder. Contact the organizer if you are unable to find it; if you receive no response to your email, please call the organizer.
You are not officially registered until the organizer receives your payment.
- When the organizer records your payment, you will be emailed a payment receipt from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
The organizer updates payment records daily. If you've sent your payment and haven't received a payment confirmation, please contact the organizer by email or phone.
- If the organizer doesn't receive payment within 3 days of your date of registration or by the payment deadline, whichever comes first, your family may be removed from the registration list.
You will be notified with an email from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com should this unfortunate event occur.
If you are unable to send payment immediately, please contact the organizer to make other arrangements. To help the organizer identify you in the registration database, please forward your payment instructions to the organizer along with your request.
This protects the organizer from non-payment due to payment instructions blocked by overly aggressive spam protection.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so via an email request to the organizer.
Non-payment is not an acceptable way to cancel your registration. If you wish to cancel, please be respectful of the volunteer organizer's time and send an email request.
If you fail to send a cancellation request by the cancellation deadline, you will remain responsible for reimbursing the organizer for the cost of your family's participation.
Cancellation deadline: Fri, Apr 29, 2016 - 6:30am
* TO CANCEL BEFORE THE DEADLINE: (1) Please let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. * TO CANCEL AFTER THE DEADLINE: (1) Let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. (2) No refunds can be made as the organizer has already paid for your tickets. (3) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to transfer your tickets to another family by posting the availability to the HSAdventures Yahoo Group (and elsewhere as appropriate). (3a) Any reimbursements should be handled privately between you and your substitute. (3b) Please let the organizer know about the substitution. * TO CANCEL ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT: (1) It is not cool to just not show up. Please let the organizer know if you are unable to attend — via email, text message or voice mail. (2) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to find a last-minute substitute for your family by posting to the HSAdventures Yahoo Group (as well as through any other other methods at your disposal).
Please arrive by:
* Please plan to arrive 30 minutes early in order to have plenty of time to find parking, check in with the organizer, visit the bathrooms and otherwise allow the entire group to be seated at least 15 minutes before the performance begins. * Please plan to be early to avoid being late due to inadequate maps, confusing road signs, road construction, heavy traffic, parking difficulties, inclement weather or uncooperative children. * If you find that despite your best efforts, you are running unavoidably late, please let the organizer know! You may reach the organizer by phone or email on the day of the event. Late arrivals are will be seated only at the desecration of the House Manager.
Where to meet:
* When you arrive at The Ordway, please tell the ushers that you are with the Homeschool Adventures group. (There are likely to be several other homeschool groups attending the same performance, so you will need to know the name of your group: Homeschool Adventures). * The ushers will not seat the group until all Homeschool Adventures members have arrived, so please retrieve your receipt from the organizer as soon as you arrive as this is how she will check-in participants. * House management will determine where the group is to wait in the lobby area for other members to arrive, but the ushers will be able to direct you to the location of the rest of the Homeschool Adventures group. * The organizer plans to be wearing a bright yellow hat and a Homeschool Adventures shirt.
* No food, drink, or gum allowed in the theater.
* All performances are subject to change and cancelation by the Ordway. In the unlikely event that should occur, you will be notified of any performance changes. Any refunds will be at the sole discretion of the Ordway. * The Ordway has a policy against canceling or delaying performances due to adverse weather, so please plan accordingly and allow extra travel time if necessary.
* There are numerous parking ramps within easy walking distance. The closest ramps are The St. Paul, RiverCentre, Lawson Commons, Kellogg Street Ramp, and Landmark Towers. More detailed information about parking in downtown Saint Paul can be found at www.smart-trips.org
* The Ordway is located in downtown Saint Paul at 345 Washington St. The entrance is on Washington St between W 5th St and Kellogg Blvd. The Ordway is directly across the street from Rice Park and is on the same block as River Centre, Xcel Eneergy Center, and the Roy Wilkins Auditorium as well as kitty-corner from The Landmark Center.
Please login to register for this field trip.
If you have already registered for this field trip, please login to view your current registration status.