New Member Help: Gaining Access to Homeschool Adventures on HomeschoolRecess.com
Please note that membership in the Yahoo Group is required for access to Homeschool Adventures on HomeschoolRecess. If you haven't joined us on Yahoo yet, please do so first.
If you have recently joined the HSAdventures Yahoo Group, below are instructions on gaining access to registration pages on HomeschoolRecess. You'll find that this three-step process is simple and painless!
- Create your HomeschoolRecess UserName
quick link: homeschoolrecess.com/user/register
- Verify your HomeschoolRecess UserName
quick tip: check your email
- Request access to Homeschool Adventures on HomeschoolRecess
quick link: homeschoolrecess.com/og/subscribe/411
quick tip: enter your Yahoo ID in Additional Details
- Create your UserName at http://homeschoolrecess.com/user/register
- Enter a UserName of your choosing
- Enter an email address that you check regularly
- All Location fields are optional. You may leave them blank.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of Use
- Click on Create new account
- Locate and respond to the verification email from admin at homeschoolrecess dot com
- Locate and respond to the verification email which will be sent immediately upon creation of your account
- from admin at homeschoolrecess.com
- with the subject line, "Account details for UserName at HomeschoolRecess.com"
The verification email will contain a one-time login link. After logging in, you will be prompted to select your password.
The verification email ...
- prevents someone else from registering your email address without your consent
- ensures that you are able to receive emails from the site about your events
Please check your spam, junk or bulk mail folder for the email if it is not in your inbox. If you locate it there, please be sure to whitelist admin at homeschoolrecess.com as all communications about the events for which you register will be sent from it.
If you cannot find your verification email, please contact admin at homeschoolrecess.com for further assistance.
- Request access at homeschoolrecess.com/og/subscribe/411
- Enter your Yahoo ID in the Additional details box and click on the Joinbutton.
- You can find your Yahoo ID by visiting the HSAdventures Yahoo Group homepage and looking in the upper left corner of the screen. Directly above the hsadventures - Homeschool Adventures title and below the Yahoo Groups logo will be your Yahoo ID followed by your email address.
- If you don't know your Yahoo ID, give us the email address you use to receive mail from the HSAdventures Yahoo Group.
- If you don't provide either of those, it may take up to a week to get your membership approved.
- We'll get your request to join approved promptly.
Registration is necessary for the site to work, but you can link your HomeschoolRecess account with your existing Facebook account (assuming you have one), which means that you don't need to remember another username and password. Once you've linked the two accounts, you can forget your HomeschoolRecess.com information, and just use the Facebook Connect login instead.
- Link your HomeschoolRecess.com account with your Facebook account at homeschoolrecess.com/user/me/edit/fbconnect
You may be prompted to login.
If you choose to link to your Facebook account, you will be able to see your Facebook friends who are also members of HomeschoolRecess.
(Being visible to friends is entirely optional.)
You will have the option of posting to your Facebook wall when you sign up for field trips on HomeschoolRecess.com, which might encourage your friends to join you!
(You will be given the option of choosing to Publish To Facebook each time you register for a field trip.)
If you choose to link your HomeschoolRecess.com account to your Facebook account, rest assured that ...
HomeschoolRecess.com will not have access to your Facebook login information.
You log in to Facebook in a pop-up screen, and Facebook sends a code that tells HomeschoolRecess.com who you are.
HomeschoolRecess.com will not harvest information from your Facebook profile.
Nothing from your Facebook account is saved in the HomeschoolRecess.com database.
Sometimes you will have the option to publish something on your Facebook wall about activity at HomeschoolRecess.com, but before that happens, you will check a "Publish to Facebook" box and confirm exactly what's being published in a pop-up window.
If you don't do both of those things, nothing will be posted on Facebook.
If you encounter difficulty registering for Homeschool Adventures on HomeschoolRecess, please read our Registration Help page.
More information about Homeschool Adventures can be found ...
- on the web at www.hsadventures.org
- on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HSAdventures
- on Twitter at twitter.com/hsadventuresmn
- on Yahoo Groups at groups.yahoo.com/group/hsadventures
- here on HomeschoolRecess at homeschoolrecess.com/node/411
You can find information on how to manage your subscriptions and emails from homeschoolrecess.com at homeschoolrecess.com/node/1194