Paper Dreams of Harry Chin
Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:00am - 12:00pm
Who: Best enjoyed by Grade 4+
Per History Theatre Customer Service, there is a small amount of adult language which is "tamed down" for the daytime matinee. Also the content includes of one of the characters having a secret family in China and then one in the United States.
No children under age 7.
Cost for Adults/Educators/Students: $11.00
Please register by: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:00pm
The Paper Dreams of Harry Chin
By Jessica Huang
Directed by Mei Ann Teo
A haunting, poetic journey of secrets, identity and family
1939. Follow the true story of Harry Chin, one of the many Chinese nationals who landed in the U.S. through a loophole in the Chinese Exclusion Act. Haunted by the ghosts of his past and provoked by the curiosity of his daughter, Harry is forced to confront his buried secrets. Through leaps of time and space, we experience the abhorrent conditions at Seattle Immigration Station, Harry’s longing for the life he left in China, and the complications of love in a new land. Jessica Huang’s powerful new drama explores the personal and political repercussions of making a group of people “illegal.”
For more information: http://www.historytheatre.com/2016-2017/paper-dreams-harry-chin
Payment must be received by: Wed, Feb 15, 2017 - 5:00pm
- Please plan to send your payment the same day that you register.
The organizer will expect to receive your payment within 3 days of your date of registration — or by the payment deadline above, whichever comes first.
- Immediately after you register, you will be emailed payment instructions from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
Make sure your email filters recognize this address as a legitimate sender. If you don't receive this email, please check your spam, junk or bulk mail folder. Contact the organizer if you are unable to find it; if you receive no response to your email, please call the organizer.
You are not officially registered until the organizer receives your payment.
- When the organizer records your payment, you will be emailed a payment receipt from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
If you've sent your payment and haven't received a payment confirmation, please contact the organizer by email or phone.
- If the organizer doesn't receive payment within 3 days of your date of registration or by the payment deadline, whichever comes first, the organizer may remove your family from the registration list.
You will be notified with an email from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com should this unfortunate event occur.
If you are unable to send payment immediately, please contact the organizer to make other arrangements. This protects the organizer from non-payment due to payment instructions blocked by overly aggressive spam protection.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so via an email request to the organizer.
Non-payment is not an acceptable way to cancel your registration. If you wish to cancel, please be respectful of the volunteer organizer's time and send an email request.
If you fail to send a cancellation request by the cancellation deadline, you will remain responsible for reimbursing the organizer for the cost of your family's participation.
- To help the organizer identify you in the registration database, please include your username and field trip number along with any requests. This information can be found in your payment instructions email message and on the registration form on this page.
Cancellation deadline: Wed, Feb 15, 2017 - 5:00pm
TO CANCEL BEFORE THE DEADLINE: (1) Please let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. TO CANCEL AFTER THE DEADLINE: (1) Let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. (2) No refunds can be made as the organizer has already paid for your tickets. (3) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to transfer your tickets to another family. (3a) Any reimbursements should be handled privately between you and your substitute. (3b) Please let the organizer know about the substitution. TO CANCEL ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT: (1) It is not cool to just not show up. Please let the organizer know if you are unable to attend — via email, text message or voice mail. (2) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to find a last-minute substitute for your family.
Please arrive by:
* Please plan to arrive by 9:30am (half hour before showtime) in order to have plenty of time to find parking, check in with the organizer, visit the bathrooms and otherwise be prepared for our group to be seated promptly. Please plan to be early to avoid being late due to inadequate maps, confusing road signs, road construction, heavy traffic, parking difficulties, inclement weather or uncooperative children. * Seats are determined on day of the show. Seating is dependent on when group is ready to be seated and our group will not be seated until everyone is present. Groups are seated in the order that their Group Check-In Pass is presented to the Check-In Usher. Once the organizer has the Group Check-In Pass, the group will proceed upstairs in a single file line. Wait at the top of the stairs for the Check-In Usher to lead our group to the entrance to the theatre in a single file line to be seated. * Seats cannot be saved. Everyone in the group should take the seats the ushers indicate. CTC aims to keep groups together but groups may be split between rows. If certain adults need to be with certain children, those adults should be standing next to those children in the single file line. If they are separated during the seating process, they should take the seats indicated and rearranged their seating within the group only after the entire group has been seated.
No food or beverages are allowed in the theatre.
During inclement weather, allow extra travel time. History Theatre does not cancel or delay performances due to weather. After the cancellation deadline, no refunds or exchanges can be made if you are unable to attend your scheduled performance for any reason, including weather. CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges for unused tickets, nor day-of-show compensation (absent vouchers) for absent students, chaperones or educators. A refund will be offered only in the unlikely event that Children’s Theatre Company cancels the performance. A Weekday Student Matinee performance will be canceled by 7am only if one of the following events has occurred: A state of emergency has been declared. CTC does not have power and/or heat. MNDOT has pulled plows off the road due to unsafe driving conditions. Metro Transit has suspended bus service due to unsafe driving conditions. Minneapolis Public Schools have canceled school due to cold/weather.
Please login to register for this field trip.
If you have already registered for this field trip, please login to view your current registration status.