Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:30am
Who: Best enjoyed by Everyone
If you are in need of lap passes, you will request them with your order, but you will not pay for them until the day of the show as CTC does not allow payment for lap passes until the day of the show.
Cost for Adults/Educators: $8.00
Cost for Children/Students: $8.00
Cost for Lap seats (for ages 3 and under).: $5.00
Please register by: Monday, January 2, 2017 - 5:00pm
UnitedHealth Group Stage
Based on the book The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss
Produced by permission of Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P.
Book and Lyrics by Philip Dawkins
Music by David Mallamud
On Sneetch Beach, there’s a line in the sand—Star Bellies on one side, Plain Bellies on the other. That’s the way it is, was and will be. At least until the sneaky and greedy Sylvester Monkey McBean comes to town with his Star On machine. Suddenly, the difference between the haves and the have nots—those with stars and those without—isn’t so clear. What will the Sneetches do now? In this rousing and inventive musical adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ powerful parable about the surface things that divide us, it will take a courageous friendship between an unlikely pair of Sneetches to find the answers. This work is supported by a Theatre Commissioning and Production Initiative grant from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
For more information: http://www.childrenstheatre.org/plays/2016-2017-season/dr-seuss-the-snee...
Payment must be received by: Mon, Jan 2, 2017 - 5:00pm
- Please plan to send your payment the same day that you register.
The organizer will expect to receive your payment within 3 days of your date of registration — or by the payment deadline above, whichever comes first.
- Immediately after you register, you will be emailed payment instructions from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
Make sure your email filters recognize this address as a legitimate sender. If you don't receive this email, please check your spam, junk or bulk mail folder. Contact the organizer if you are unable to find it; if you receive no response to your email, please call the organizer.
You are not officially registered until the organizer receives your payment.
- When the organizer records your payment, you will be emailed a payment receipt from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com.
If you've sent your payment and haven't received a payment confirmation, please contact the organizer by email or phone.
- If the organizer doesn't receive payment within 3 days of your date of registration or by the payment deadline, whichever comes first, the organizer may remove your family from the registration list.
You will be notified with an email from admin(at)homeschoolrecess(dot)com should this unfortunate event occur.
If you are unable to send payment immediately, please contact the organizer to make other arrangements. This protects the organizer from non-payment due to payment instructions blocked by overly aggressive spam protection.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so via an email request to the organizer.
Non-payment is not an acceptable way to cancel your registration. If you wish to cancel, please be respectful of the volunteer organizer's time and send an email request.
If you fail to send a cancellation request by the cancellation deadline, you will remain responsible for reimbursing the organizer for the cost of your family's participation.
- To help the organizer identify you in the registration database, please include your username and field trip number along with any requests. This information can be found in your payment instructions email message and on the registration form on this page.
Cancellation deadline: Mon, Jan 2, 2017 - 5:00pm
TO CANCEL BEFORE THE DEADLINE: (1) Please let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. TO CANCEL AFTER THE DEADLINE: (1) Let the organizer know as soon as possible via email. (2) No refunds can be made as the organizer has already paid for your tickets. (3) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to transfer your tickets to another family. (3a) Any reimbursements should be handled privately between you and your substitute. (3b) Please let the organizer know about the substitution. TO CANCEL ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT: (1) It is not cool to just not show up. Please let the organizer know if you are unable to attend — via email, text message or voice mail. (2) To avoid empty seats, please attempt to find a last-minute substitute for your family.
Please arrive by:
* Please plan to arrive by 9:30am (1 hour before showtime) in order to have plenty of time to find parking, check in with the organizer, visit the bathrooms and otherwise be prepared for our group to be seated promptly. Please plan to be early to avoid being late due to inadequate maps, confusing road signs, road construction, heavy traffic, parking difficulties, inclement weather or uncooperative children. * Seats are determined on day of the show. Seating is dependent on when group is ready to be seated and our group will not be seated until everyone is present. Groups are seated in the order that their Group Check-In Pass is presented to the Check-In Usher. Once the organizer has the Group Check-In Pass, the group will proceed upstairs in a single file line. Wait at the top of the stairs for the Check-In Usher to lead our group to the entrance to the theatre in a single file line to be seated. * Seats cannot be saved. Everyone in the group should take the seats the ushers indicate. CTC aims to keep groups together but groups may be split between rows. If certain adults need to be with certain children, those adults should be standing next to those children in the single file line. If they are separated during the seating process, they should take the seats indicated and rearranged their seating within the group only after the entire group has been seated.
Where to meet:
Please gather in the granite lobby, by the ticket office until the group lead has checked in and received the Group Check-In Pass and Ticket Stickers, unless directed elsewhere by the staff. Please check in with the organizer when you arrive. Everyone in the group must be present before check-in. Tickets cannot be left at the ticket office.
No food or beverages are allowed in the theatre.
During inclement weather, allow extra travel time. CTC does not cancel or delay performances due to weather. After the cancellation deadline, no refunds or exchanges can be made if you are unable to attend your scheduled performance for any reason, including weather. CTC does not provide refunds or exchanges for unused tickets, nor day-of-show compensation (absent vouchers) for absent students, chaperones or educators. A refund will be offered only in the unlikely event that Children’s Theatre Company cancels the performance. A Weekday Student Matinee performance will be canceled by 7am only if one of the following events has occurred: A state of emergency has been declared. CTC does not have power and/or heat. MNDOT has pulled plows off the road due to unsafe driving conditions. Metro Transit has suspended bus service due to unsafe driving conditions. Minneapolis Public Schools have canceled school due to cold/weather.
The parking ramp is directly south of the CTC-MIA complex. The ramp entrances are located on 3rd Ave S between E 24th St and E 25th St. There is a surface lot directly across the street from the ramp with an entrance on 3rd Ave S and another on E 25th St. There is an additional lot northeast of the museum with entrances on 3rd Ave S, E 24th St, and Clinton Ave S. At this time, parking is $5 for the first 2 hours and $1 for each additional hour with a daily maximum or lost ticket fee of $12. Please follow instructions at the pay stations. Be aware that there is a possibility of event rates. More information and a map can be found at http://www.childrenstheatre.org/plan/getting-here/parking-at-ctc
From the east on I-94 West (from St. Paul), exit at 11th St and follow 11th St exit to the second stoplight. Turn left onto 3rd Ave S. Continue on 3rd Ave until you see the MIA on your right, just south of the intersection of E 24th St and 3rd Ave S. From Downtown Minneapolis, drive south on 3rd Ave (away from the Mississippi River) until you see the MIA on your right, just south of the intersection of E 24th St and 3rd Ave S. From the west on I-394 East (from St Louis Park), exit on 12th St and drive 4 blocks, turn right on La Salle Ave. Take La Salle to Franklin Ave and turn left on Franklin and proceed to 3rd Ave S. Turn right on 3rd Ave and proceed to the MIA. From the north and northwest on I-94 East (from St Cloud), take the Hennepin/Lyndale exit. When Hennepin and Lyndale divide, continue on Lyndale Ave S to E 24th St. Turn left and proceed to 3rd Ave S. Turn right onto 3rd Ave. From the north and east on I-35W South (from Duluth), exit to I-94 West then exit at 11th St and follow 11th St exit to the second stoplight. Turn left onto 3rd Ave S. Continue on 3rd Ave until you see the MIA on your right, just south of the intersection of E 24th St and 3rd Ave S. From the south on I-35W North (from Rochester),take the 31st St/Lake St exit and turn left onto 31st St. Drive to 1st Ave S and turn right and drive to 24th St and turn right. Proceed to 3rd Ave. Turn right onto 3rd Ave. The entrance to the MIA is on the right. Additional information and a map can be found at http://www.childrenstheatre.org/plan/getting-here/find-us
Please login to register for this field trip.
If you have already registered for this field trip, please login to view your current registration status.